Saturday, June 2, 2012

Finished - Extremely Cute Sock Monkey! (Cross Stitch)

I finally finished my cross stitched sock monkey!  Well, not quite "finally," since I'd only been working on him for a week.   Nonetheless, here he is:

Cross stitched sock monkey
Cross stitched sock monkey
He is stitched over two threads on 28-count white Monaco using different shades of brown, red, and tan cotton embroidery floss.  I still have to decide how to finish him, but for now, I am leaning toward trying to track down a skinny picture frame (maybe a red one?) and framing him.  If not, I can always make a bookmark, I suppose, but as a Kindle fan, that option is less appealing to me.

(Hint: I removed the hoop marks from the earlier picture by ironing the piece wrong-side-up under a damp washcloth.  Works like a charm!)

Also, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has read and/or commented on my cross stitch blog so far.  I'm kind of new to this whole endeavor, and it is really encouraging to see that people are actually reading my thoughts and looking at the pictures!  Keep checking back for more updates - I'm very happy to have you all here!  :)

Next up - the ocean!

5 comments:

  1. Hi

    He's just so cute whichever way you finish him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your monkey. The back stitching makes a huge difference. It always takes an age thought doesn't it?

    Happy stitching to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute Erin! I will try the damp washcloth tip. I usually iron my pieces with fusible interfacing but the washcloth sounds much easier!

    ReplyDelete