Thursday, July 12, 2012

Free Cross Stitch Monkey Pattern! (a.k.a., Paying Attention to Google Queries!)

Hello, dear readers,

Out here in the blog-o-sphere, it can be tough to attract attention from people surfing the Internet.  To help in your quest for blog fame, Blogger offers a bevy of information about the people who browse your blog.  One of these data points is a list of queries that people have typed into a search engine to find your blog.

Well, I monitor these things pretty regularly, and I noticed that I was getting a lot of hits from people looking for "free monkey cross stitch patterns."  Unfortunately, while I do have "free cross stitch patterns" and a "monkey cross stitch" on my blog, I do not have a "free monkey cross stitch pattern" to share with my readers.

So, in response to all of these Internet views from people who surely are not finding what they are looking for, I decided to design a "free monkey cross stitch pattern" for you to use!  Please note: this pattern is for personal use only; no commercial use is allowed without written permission.

Free squirrel monkey cross stitch pattern.  For personal use only.  (c) Erin E. Turowski, 2012.
Free squirrel monkey cross stitch pattern.  For personal use only.  (c) Erin E. Turowski, 2012.

Key (DMC colors):
+     645
|     ecru
=     black
*     white
Z     648
X     225

Dimensions:
26 squares wide x 22 squares tall
14-count: 1.9" x 1.6"
16-count: 1.6" x 1.4"
18-count: 1.4" x 1.2"


Here is what it looks like stitched up (more or less, computer-generated image):


Free squirrel monkey cross stitch pattern.  For personal use only.  (c) Erin E. Turowski, 2012.
Free squirrel monkey cross stitch pattern.  For personal use only.  (c) Erin E. Turowski, 2012.
This is a common squirrel monkey (Saimiri sciureus).  Here is a picture of what one looks like in the wild, for comparison:

Common squirrel monkey, from http://pin.primate.wisc.edu/fs/sheets/images/124med.jpg
Common squirrel monkey, from http://pin.primate.wisc.edu/fs/sheets/images/124med.jpg
The veterinarian in me opted for a more true-to-life rendition, rather than a cartoon-ish monkey or a sock monkey, but if I see enough search hits for a "free sock monkey cross stitch pattern" in the future, maybe I will add one of those as well!

Before you go - a question for my current e-mail subscribers (please respond!):

I realize that you are all busy people and that you may or may not appreciate having e-mails every few days when I update my blog.  I really appreciate your readership, and I want to hear your preferences!  So, would you rather:

A) continue to receive e-mails at 7:00 a.m. EST the day after I make a new post (approximately 3 e-mails per week), OR

B) receive a weekly update (only 1 e-mail per week) as a digest-style compilation of my new posts for that week?

If you could just take a minute to respond, I would like to hear your opinion so I can tailor my e-mail updates to fit your needs!  A comment at the end of this blog post with your preference (A or B) would be sufficient.  If I do not receive a clear preference from my subscribers for either frequency, then I will keep the e-mails on the current schedule (an update the day after each new post).

Thank you - and thanks so much for reading and for your very thoughtful and kind comments!

Until next time...

-Erin
Less Bitching, More Stitching!


If you like what you saw here, subscribe to my e-mail updates!  No personal information will be shared or sold.






1 comment:

  1. Since I receive emails, personally I like option A, that way if I want to comment, I don't feel like I'm commenting a week after it was posted.

    ReplyDelete