Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome to Less Bitching, More Stitching - A Cross Stitch Blog!

Welcome to my cross stitching and knitting blog! Hello, and thanks for stopping by my cross stitch blog!  This is my first venture into the world of blogging, mostly because I wanted somewhere I could post pictures of my multiple works-in-progress (WIPs), share tips for needleworking, network with other crafters, and show off the final products.  I spend most of my crafting time cross stitching, except during the winter, when I tend to knit more often, so expect to see a balance between those two needle arts.

A little bit about me:

  • I am a 27-year-old graduate student, originally from Ohio (Go Bucks!), now living in Boston.
  • For my day job, I am a veterinary resident and a PhD student in biological engineering.  I also do some database work for VIN, a veterinary website.
  • I enjoy crafting, cooking, playing tennis, working out, watching movies, and reading on my Kindle.
  • I have a 6-year-old male neutered orange tabby cat named Orange Julius Caesar (or Julius, for short).
  • I also have an 8-year-old male neutered yellow labrador/springer spaniel mix named Brutus, but he lives with my parents and their two dogs in north central Ohio.
  • I am engaged to a wonderful man who currently lives in Florida.  We are going to be married on June 8, 2013.  I will try to keep wedding planning off of this blog (and contained to my Pinterest page), but no promises.  :)

For you animal lovers out there, here are pictures of my boys:

Brutus
Brutus
Julius
Orange "Julius" Caesar




...and now, let's craft!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment