Thursday, February 14, 2013

Quick V-Day Update from Boston Airport

Hello, readers!  Happy Valentine's Day!

I am posting a quick update from Boston Airport, because I am heading to Houston to spend the weekend with my fiancé.  We have been together for three years, but the first time we have ever gotten to spend Valentine's Day together, so I am pretty excited.  :-)  Tonight, we are going to dinner at a French restaurant in Houston, and then we are going to spend the long weekend relaxing and enjoying each other's company. <3  I am a lucky girl.

Thank you to all of you for your well wishes over the blizzard weekend! :-) We got about 30" of snow, most of which is still piled on the sidewalks.  Unfortunately, I did lose power, so my stitch-a-thon wasn't quite as productive as I would have hoped (stitching by candlelight gives me a wicked headache), but I did manage to almost finish the bottom left quadrant of Celestial Dragon, and I finished my last brain hat and mailed it yesterday.  I will post pics of Celestial Dragon next week after I finish that quadrant! I also finished and framed the owl from my last post; now, I just need to get him photographed properly and listed on Etsy.

I do have some wonderful stitching-related news!  Sunday, I signed a contract to work as a model stitcher for The Stitching Bear, a really awesome cross stitch pattern design company based out of Missouri. Deb, the designer, sent me my first design this week, and it arrived yesterday. I can't post any pictures until the design is published in March, but it is a very cute pattern called "4 All Seasons Sampler Part 1 - Spring." Aside from getting paid to stitch a really pretty design, I also get to keep the beautiful leftover threads from The Gentle Art for my stash!  There are 23 colors in all, so I will be looking for a fun project to use the rest of the floss in.  The colors are all shown in the bright and beautiful photo with this blog entry.  :-)

Well, my plane is boarding soon, so I have to run!  Take care, everyone, and have a great Thursday!

-Erin

9 comments:

  1. Hi Erin, Happy Valentin's to you, I hope you get a great weekend! The Owl such is lovely, and the picture below it! I'm doing crochet with the stitching yarn - small squares ... I'm visiting from the BMB, your new follower Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! Have a fun and safe trip! So glad the weather cooperated for you! :) The threads are gorgeous aren't they! :) My husband suprised me with tickets for a Nashville Predators Hockey Game (I LOVE hockey) and a little mini trip for pleasure to Nashville three weeks after the Market Show. I am so excited and a lucky gal too. Enjoy your time with your fiance! Talk to you when you get back. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Deb
    The Stitching Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new "job". Sounds like a perfect fit for you!


    Thanks so much for joining us at the BMB party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin,
    Following from BRB! I don't do cross stitch, but do embroidery. It's on my list of things to learn!
    Hope you enjoy your trip~ Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to be a model stitcher! Hope you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin,
    I hope you had a wonderful Valentines :)
    I was wondering, what design is that in your header? The one with the dragonfly and nest? Its really pretty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Narita! It is "The Finery of Nature" - one of the Dimensions Gold collection pieces. I believe it has been discontinued, but you may be able to snap up a chart somewhere online.

      Delete
  7. Hi Erin!
    I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I got your beautiful keychain! Thank you!!!

    It is now adorning my "token" at work - which is my little flash drive with all of my personal info on it, that I have to have plugged in when I am at work. So I see it every work day. It's perfect, and a couple of my coworkers have commented on it.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome - I am glad you like it! I was wondering how long it would take to cross the border. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete