First, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Andrea at Finish Friday for giving Less Bitching, More Stitching! the Liebster Award!
"Liebster" is a German word meaning "dearest," "favorite," or "beloved." Liebster Awards are given by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers to spread the word and help newer bloggers gain wider recognition. Here is how it works:
1. Choose five bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to whom you would like to give the Liebster Award.
2. Show thanks to the blogger who awarded you the Liebster by linking back to their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers to whom you are giving awards, with links to their sites, and comment on their blog with a link back to your blog to let them know that you have given them the award.
Here are my picks. I am trying to represent a variety of art styles! :)
1. Rambling Thoughts on Food, Firearms, and Fun - Wendy is one of the newer blogs I follow, and as a former Ohioan/Pennsylvanian, I always enjoy reconnecting with people from my home states who share my love for the 2nd Amendment. :) Plus, she is a "wicked good" crochet-er!
2. ThirtyOne13 - Robin is a very gifted stitcher who has a fabulous collection of completed cross stitch pieces. I met her on Etsy and have enjoyed reading her blog for several months!
3. Hallbrook Designs - Missie is actually my neighbor from way back, when I used to live in Ohio! She makes lovely quilts and also dabbles in day trading during her "free time." :)
4. Starry Nights Studio - Alissa has beautiful stitchery and paper designs, and she kicks ass because she also does all of her framing in house! That is totally impressive. Her stuff is GORGEOUS!
5. Etsy Needle Arts Team (EtsyNEAT) - This is a collaborative effort from a bunch of stitchers on Etsy. I really like this blog because there are frequently contests including members' needlework, so it's really nice to see what my teammates have come up with!
I am somewhat caught up on my brain hats - I finished all of my Christmas orders last night, so now I can work on my post-Christmas orders (4 total, plus a few extra for inventory if I get bored). My stitching has taken a back burner to the Christmas frenzy, but I can't really complain. I am still trying to finish up a few of my personal Christmas presents, but they shouldn't take too long.
I should add that today (Friday, 12/14) is the last day to place orders from my Etsy shop before I go on vacation for 2 weeks - otherwise, if you order later, you are going to have to wait until 12/28. I have had a great first year; I met my goal of 20 sales, and the brain hats are really star sellers! I also added a gray brain hat to my inventory yesterday, and it is already gaining favorites and has been featured in a Treasury.
|New item in my shop - brain hats are now available in gray!|
So, with that, I will bid you adieu - have a happy Hanukkah, or merry Christmas, or amazing Kwanzaa, or festive Festivus, or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate! See you in a couple of weeks!