Monday, May 21, 2012

Real Cameras Really DO Make a Difference!

I finally got my new camera (Kodak EasyShare Max Z990) and re-took pictures of all of my finished pieces, as well as realized that I need to do at least a tiny bit of photo editing before I post them.  As you can see, the difference is significant and well worth the effort!

Here is my cross stitched "Sparkly Pink Cupcake Keychain."  Both pics are taken on my cell phone camera, but the one on the right was adjusted with Serif Photo Plus.

Pink Cupcake Keychain - Cross Stitch
Cell phone camera - un-edited
Pink Cupcake Keychain - Cross Stitch
Cell phone camera - edited with Serif Photo Plus

Not too shabby!  And here is the old camera version compared to the new camera version, both of them brightened:

Pink Cupcake Keychain - Cross Stitch
Cell phone camera - edited with Serif Photo Plus
Pink Cupcake Keychain - Cross Stitch
Kodak camera - edited with Serif Photo Plus

I really like how these turned out.  I didn't realize how much detail and color I was losing by just using my old camera phone!  It just goes to show you - if you put a lot of work into your crafts and you want to show them to other people, it pays to put a little more effort into making them look their best!

No comments:

Post a Comment